Saturday 2 November 2013

Wagons

Wagons
After a couple of quite dramatic posts things go back to the more mundane today. Here are the latest figures I have been working on, all by Perry Miniatures, a couple of their Wagons and 6 Venetian Archers. Apologies if the photos are a bit dark, it is very overcast here today.
The covered Wagon by Perry Miniatures took me ages to paint,
 http://camisado1500s.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/covered-four-horse-wagon.html , so I approached these with some trepidation only to discover they took no time at all to complete and were a pleasure to paint. I intend to tackle the Wagon with the Oxen at some point as I like the idea of collecting a large baggage train and it looks like a great model. I didn't glue the corpse figures into the open cart as I may find some other things to put in there rather than the rather grisly contents that come with the model, although saying that the heap of corpses is a rather neat miniature and I am sure I will find some use for it! You may notice I have changed the head of the guy filling up the jug from the barrel. The figure came wearing a hat style I felt was a little too medieval so I swapped it with a Perry Tudor one. These are quite generic models and could be used for much of the late medieval to early renaissance period.
The Venetian Archers are great figures and will go with the TAG ones I have already painted: http://camisado1500s.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/venetian-archers.html . The one thing I found a bit odd is that one of them wears a breastplate but no straps to hold it on! I may have removed these when I was cleaning up the miniatures ready to paint but I don't think that was the case. I simply added a few straps myself, it was one of those little things that was annoying me! The result is below.

Ale or Wine Barrel on Wagon

Ale or Wine Barrel on Wagon

Bring out your dead!

Venetian Archers

Venetian Archers showing straps added to the back of the breastplate

4 comments:

  1. Love the wagons, some nice, characterful touches there.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking wagons, very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greate paint work !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very attractive... I think I need a Wine Wagon!

    ReplyDelete